Enjoy your stay in Hotel Edward 1er without worrying
Update 24th of June
We are making every effort to ensure that your arrival at our hotel is as safe as possible, during the current health situation.
Let us not forget to help protect one another.
Our main actions:
- Regular cleaning of common areas and all customer contact points, including door handles, switches, phones, remote controls,... and room keys between each customer, with disinfectant and sanitizer products.
- Change of cleaning equipment between rooms.
- Use of disinfectant detergents approved according to EN 14476.
- Disinfection of our electronic payment terminal after each use with a disinfectant and sanitizer products.
- Staff are equipped with masks/visors and hand gel.
- Our team are trained how to enact social distancing measures and are instructed to regularly wash their hands.
- To reduce cross contamination, bottled water and our complimentary products (shampoo, soap, shower gel and shower cap) will be available on request at reception.
- Breakfast will no longer be served in the usual buffet format to avoid any close contact, however the full range can be served directly to your table.
- Hand gel is available for the use of guests at the entrance to the hotel, and at the entrances to the restaurant.
- The air conditioning units in each bedroom are self-contained i.e. air is NOT circulated from room to room.
- We have a centralised vacuum system so there will be no vacuum cleaner in bedrooms or public spaces
- You can make contactless payments
- Our tables in the restaurant are spaced to meet social distancing requirements.
Update 29th of May
Yes!!!! Finally, we have received clarification from the French government!We can't wait to reopen! We are now working on all the hygiene protocols. As of the 20th of June, Hotel Edward 1er opens its doors for a short, special, but surely nonetheless beautiful season!
It will be different from other years, but nothing less. Once we know clearly what changes are to be made will be different, we will update our Covid -19 page on the hotel website.
- The air conditioning in the rooms are "individual units" self contained; no air is blown not circulated from room to room
- We have a central vacuum system (so there will be no vacuum cleaner in the rooms or public spaces)
- You can pay contactless.
- Our tables in the restaurant are spaced apart to meet social distancing requirements.
- Hand gel is available.
17th of March
We hope you are all safe and in good health in these difficult times of Corona. We hope you are all safe and in good health in these difficult times of Corona.
The world and thus Monpazier as well has gone into “lockdown”. It’s a very sad feeling to stand in the middle of the 725 years old square of the village, not seeing a local habitant, let alone a tourist. The sound of birds in the spring has taken over.
Of course, we were not able to re-open the hotel neither and most likely this situation won’t change until at least the end of May. We are committed to re-open as soon as possible, when the situation is safe and economically viable. We also feel a strong responsibility towards our staff members in this respect. We miss them like we miss you!
If you had to cancel your plans for this spring, please note that our reservation planning is open in 2020 till the 15th of November and we even made the 2021 planning available already. No risk when reserving as any regular reservation can be cancelled up to 72 hours before arrival at no costs.
When we re-open the season 2020 will be different but rest assured that we will be 100% dedicated to those who will visit us later in the year. Together we will get over this terrible event.
Better days will come! Please stay healthy and safe.
With warm regards,
Arjan et Marije