Update 29th of May
Yes!!!! We can't wait to reopen! We are now working on all the hygiene protocols. As of the 20th of June, Hotel Edward 1er opens its doors for a short, special, but surely nonetheless beautiful season! It will be different from other years, but nothing less. Once we know clearly what changes are to be made will be different, we will update our Covid -19 page on the hotel website.
For now, we'd like to share inform you that:
- The air conditioning in the rooms are "individual units" self contained; no i.e. air is blown not circulated from room to room
- We have a central vacuum system (so there will be no vacuum cleaner in the rooms or public spaces)
- You can pay We accept contactless payments.
- Our The tables in our the restaurant are spaced to meet social distancing requirements. apart
- Of course, we will mostly serve breakfast and dinner outside... It's always nice in the Dordogne, isn't it?
- Hand gel sanitiser is available throughout the hotel.
17th of March 2020
We hope you are all safe and in good health in these difficult times of Corona. The world and thus Monpazier as well has gone into “lockdown”. It’s a very sad feeling to stand in the middle of the 725 years old square of the village, not seeing a local habitant, let alone a tourist. The sound of birds in the spring has taken over.
Of course, we were not able to re-open the hotel neither and most likely this situation won’t change until at least the end of April. We are committed to re-open as soon as possible, when the situation is safe and economically viable. We also feel a strong responsibility towards our staff members in this respect. We miss them like we miss you!
No risk when reserving as any regular reservation can be cancelled up to 72 hours before arrival at no costs.If you had to cancel your plans for this spring, please note that our reservation planning is open in 2020 till the 15th of November and we even made the 2021 planning available already. No risk when reserving as any regular reservation can be cancelled up to 72 hours before arrival at no costs.
When we re-open the season 2020 will be different but rest assured that we will be 100% dedicated to those who will visit us later in the year. Together we will get over this terrible event.
Better days will come!
Please stay healthy and safe.
With warm regards,
Arjan & Marije